Family bank holiday weekend (self cater) at Chedworth
Fri 24 May 2019 to Tue 28 May 2019
Confirmed StaffLeader: Sue Malleson
Musician: Richard Jones
Musician: Belinda Jones
Warden: Sean Hayden
Assistant Warden: Sarah Richardson
What to expect?
A self-cater weekend for all of music, song and dance. Starts Friday evening continues until Monday evening with camping until Tuesday morning.
Music for camp
Morning workshop music available for printing or download to your device here. Evening dancing music available for printing or download here. Please bring copies to camp as print outs won’t be available.
The village of Chedworth is in the County of Gloucestershire, 7 miles from Cirencester, 5 miles from Northleach and eleven miles from Cheltenham. It is close to the Roman Fosse Way and is roughly 600 feet above sea level.
Chedworth is an attractive Cotswold village, with old and modern Cotswold stone houses hugging the steep sides of the valley which extends for almost 2 miles along a tributary of the River Coln.
Unlike many of the villages in the Cotswolds, Chedworth remains unspoilt and off the beaten track apart from Chedworth Roman Villa which as the crow flies is less than a mile from the nearest house, whilst by road it is approximately 4.5 miles.
PricesDeposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
Early and Late Prices: The early (bold) price is charged if booked and fully paid for before the due date (see booking conditions 2a and 2b).
The late price (in brackets) is if the camp is booked or the payment is completed after the due date.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the late price comes into effect, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person per event.
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1) All deposits are non-refundable and and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts. Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
Folk Camps reserves the right to cancel bookings where balances have not been settled in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.