Summer Hall week (catered) at Staple
Sat 27 Jul 2019 to Sat 3 Aug 2019
Status: Spaces Limited
Confirmed StaffJoint Leader: Emma Daniel
Joint Leader: Barry Pollard
Joint Musician: Paul Tabbush
Joint Musician: Nonny Tabbush
Joint Warden: Steve Porritt
Joint Warden: Graham Clements
Joint Caterer: Ros French
Joint Caterer: Jane Farndon
What to expect?
A fully catered week of folk activities based around a village hall. Music, song, dance and crafts. Suitable for all – adults, children, families and singles.
Staple is close to seaside towns of Deal and Ramsgate, and also the historic city and world heritage site of Canterbury. Forts and castles abound along this coastline, from Whitstable to Dover, from Roman to world war two, there is plenty to explore for all ages and inclinations.
Our hall is located on a quiet country road, adjacent to a large green playing field, in the tranquil village of Staple, Kent. Website at http://www.staplevillagehall.com/.
Nonny Tabbush will now be joined by Paul Tabbush as musicians. For the morning workshop, Paul will use Join the Band, and the set below for the easier tunes.
Trip to Boston
Fred Pigeon’s No 2
Perfect Cure Matelot
Evening Music will be courtesy of Richard’s tune book amongst other possibilities. Music not included here may be provided in small quantities. If you want to play any of the above, please download to your device or print and bring to camp.
Catered week menus at a glance are available here . Week 1 is a “B” week.
PricesDeposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the full balance is due, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person per event.
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1) All deposits are non-refundable and and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts. Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
Folk Camps reserves the right to cancel bookings where balances have not been settled in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.