Summer Marquee week (catered) at Knockerdown
Sat 27 Jul 2019 to Sat 3 Aug 2019
Confirmed StaffJoint Leader: Rose Malleson
Joint Leader: Anthony Keen
Joint Musician: Cat McGill
Joint Musician: Andy Johnson
Joint Warden: Thomas Lord
Assistant Warden: Paul Openshaw
Joint Caterer: Jenny Hopper
Joint Caterer: Chris White
What to expect?
A fully catered week of folk activities based around a marquee. Music, song, dance and crafts. Suitable for all – adults, children, families and singles.
Our site lies midway between Knockerdown and Bradbourne. Knockerdown stands close to Carsington Water, a reservoir, sailing lake and nature reserve. It boasts a range of wildlife habitats from ancient hedgerows, species-rich wildflower meadows and native woodlands, to pond and scrapes, reedbeds and carefully-managed islands.
Carsington Sports and Leisure offers training in a wide variety of water disciplines, using a diverse fleet of modern equipment. The centre is a Royal Yachting Association recognised training centre, and also delivers Brackendale Lane British Canoe
Union courses. Cyclists can enjoy the short, family friendly, 3 mile route or the full 8 mile reservoir circuit now all off road. Alternatively you can increase your route a little further and take in Hopton and Carsington Village. Cycle hire is available at the reservoir. Walkers are also well catered for around the lake and in the surrounding area.
Wirksworth Heritage Centre, (Tel. 01629 875225) is where the Wirksworth Story is told, taking you on a fascinating journey through time on three floors of the centre. The special displays are excellent and for something different you can always try a computer game.
PricesDeposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the full balance is due, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person per event.
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1) All deposits are non-refundable and and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts. Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
Folk Camps reserves the right to cancel bookings where balances have not been settled in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.