Weekend for singers (self cater) at Miserden
Thu 20 Jun 2019 to Sun 23 Jun 2019
Confirmed StaffJoint Leader: Jay Parrack
Joint Leader: Clare Elleray Mee
Musician: Chris Butler
Warden: Steve Porritt
What to expect?
A self-cater long weekend concentrating on singing together and solo. Suitable for all levels from beginners to experts. Starts Thursday evening and ends Sunday afternoon. Singers camp is for everyone interested in vocal music and all that it encompasses. This long weekend provides an encouraging environment that brings people together to enjoy using their voices as a group or in solo performances. The generous, non-judgmental spirit at Singers camp means that everyone who wants to participate can join in, regardless of their level of confidence or experience.
Depending who comes, this could include anything from a beginners’ workshop for people who’ve never performed in the song circle through to a group master-class for solo singers. There will of course be some mass harmony workshops (simple and complicated) and plenty of singarounds as well. And for those that don’t sing, but enjoy listening, or only joining in with a well-known chorus, there is still a place for you here.
Miserden is a small village surrounded by beautiful Cotswold countryside. Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stroud are all nearby but the village is so attractive you may want to just sit in the field and admire the view. The village pub is very welcoming and people often enjoy a session combined with a pub lunch. Miserden is set in beautiful wooded hills and valleys between Stroud and Cheltenham, Miserden is in a walker’s paradise. Historic Cheltenham is just 9 miles away and Cirencester and the Cotswold Water Parks are well worth a visit. Ask the locals the history of Whiteway. Miserden village is part of the well known Wills Estate.
More local information.
Lyrics for songs at the camp
PricesDeposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
Early and Late Prices: The early (bold) price is charged if booked and fully paid for before the due date (see booking conditions 2a and 2b).
The late price (in brackets) is if the camp is booked or the payment is completed after the due date.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the late price comes into effect, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person per event.
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1) All deposits are non-refundable and and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts. Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
Folk Camps reserves the right to cancel bookings where balances have not been settled in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.