Weekend for dancers (self cater) at Beckford
Fri 31 May 2019 to Sun 2 Jun 2019
Confirmed StaffLeader: Ray Goodswen
Joint Musician: Peter Gutteridge
Joint Musician: Moira Gutteridge
Warden: Jenny Walton
What to expect?
What to expect?
A self-catered weekend camp at a village hall with dance workshops during the day and social dancing in the evenings. The workshops will seek to challenge experienced dancers who are looking to extend their repertoire or to learn something new and the evening dances will be accessible to those who have danced a little but want to learn something more. Expect a wide variety, including American contras and squares, Playford, modern English country dances and traditional folk dances. If you are a caller there will be an opportunity to call during the evening dances. Some free time to explore the locality and an optional trip to a nearby hostelry for a lunch. From Friday evening until Sunday late afternoon, commuters and B&B’ers welcome!
The village of Beckford sits beneath Bredon Hill, famed by Houseman’s poem, which has truly wonderful views – and not a little magic. In addition to many lovely Cotswold villages, the towns of Tewkesbury, Evesham, Cheltenham and Winchcombe, with its fine abbey, are all within range. Beckford is in the picturesque fruit growing area of the Vale of Evesham and there may be a plentiful supply of soft fruits available in the area. The camp is also close to historic Tewkesbury & Stratford Upon Avon. Folk Campers will have temporary membership of the adjacent social club.
More about the village hall.
PricesDeposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
Early and Late Prices: The early (bold) price is charged if booked and fully paid for before the due date (see booking conditions 2a and 2b).
The late price (in brackets) is if the camp is booked or the payment is completed after the due date.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the late price comes into effect, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person per event.
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1) All deposits are non-refundable and and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts. Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
Folk Camps reserves the right to cancel bookings where balances have not been settled in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.