Weekend for session music (self cater) at Miserden
Fri 5 Jun 2020 to Sun 7 Jun 2020
Confirmed StaffLeader/Musician: Ben Thackeray
Leader/Musician: Val Porritt
Warden: Barry Moule
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
What to expect?
The Folk Camp Session Workshop Weekend is designed for people who wish to learn 3 or 4 tunes over the weekend in a slow and understanding workshop situation. On the Friday night the tunes on offer will be played through by the two leaders. The learning sessions during Saturday and on Sunday morning will be taken at a pace that suits all the players with plenty of repetition and help as needed. The intention is to thoroughly learn the tunes without music. The music will be handed out at the end but will be available before if requested.
After the weekend, we hope that you will have learnt the tunes well enough to introduce them into your own local session. There will be also be plenty of opportunity to play your own favourite session tunes – either during the evenings or in the pub at lunchtimes – and to share some of your current favourites with fellow campers, as well as to perform solo tunes or songs if you wish. There will be a little dancing to join in with if you wish during the evening to complete the full Folk Camp experience.
This is a self-cater weekend that starts Friday afternoon and finishes Sunday afternoon. This year there is the option to extend the camp for an additional night from Sunday to Monday daytime for an additional £21. Or you could stay longer in the week for the “Inbetweener” camp between “Session” and “Singers” which takes place the following weekend.
If you want to commit to the additional Sunday night at the time of booking, please mention it in the additional info on the booking form. Or you can add this later by contacting the office.
Miserden is a small village surrounded by beautiful Cotswold countryside. Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stroud are all nearby but the village is so attractive you may want to just sit in the field and admire the view. The village pub is very welcoming and people often enjoy a session combined with a pub lunch. Miserden is set in beautiful wooded hills and valleys between Stroud and Cheltenham, Miserden is in a walker’s paradise. Historic Cheltenham is just 9 miles away and Cirencester and the Cotswold Water Parks are well worth a visit. Ask the locals the history of Whiteway. Miserden village is part of the well known Wills Estate.
More local information.
Deposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your place will be cancelled.
Early and Late Prices: The early (bold) price is charged if booked and fully paid for before the due date (see booking conditions 2a and 2b).
The late price (in brackets) applies if the camp is booked or the payment is completed after the due date.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the late price comes into effect, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person.
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1a) All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
1b) If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your booking will be cancelled.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts.
Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
2c) Any discounts will be removed if balances have not been paid in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times. See Safeguarding Policy and Guardianship Policy.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.
13) For policies mentioned above, see http://www.folkcamps.co.uk/policies-and-legal/