Summer Hall week (catered) at Welbourn
Sat 8 Aug 2020 to Sat 15 Aug 2020
Confirmed StaffLeader: Emma Daniel
Leader: Steve Porritt
Musician: Chris Jewell
Assistant Musician: Jonathan Ginn
Warden: Graham Clements
Caterer: Jenny Hopper
Caterer: Anne Guthrie
Prices SummaryDiscount and Full Prices: This camp currently has a 10% Discount.
|Age Band||Full Price||Discounted Price|
What to expect?
A fully catered week of folk activities based around a marquee. Music, song, dance and crafts. Suitable for all – adults, children, families and singles.
Likely to include lots of dancing in the evenings, all-inclusive music workshops in the mornings, an opportunity to join the band in the evenings and many other folk workshops depending on what you and the other campers bring to share.
Some of the comments from last year with these leaders and musicians:
“Chris picked excellent music for the workshops – I felt it was pitched at just the right level. Lovely to have ‘Join the Band’ first. My children and I play these pieces at home between camps and it provides continuity and confidence”
“I choose the week with Chris as musician because he leads the workshop with kindness, humour and give us a super musical experience”
“Very inclusive range of workshops very well planned. We especially appreciated all the music, singing and Playford workshops”
We are camping on a level playing field surrounded by trees next to the modern village hall.
The hall is situated in the picturesque village of Welbourn, just off the A607, within easy reach of the City of Lincoln (12 miles) and the towns of Grantham (13), Sleaford (10) and Newark (11).
Welbourn is one of a line of villages spaced at regular intervals along the the relatively well-wooded escarpment of the Lincolnshire Edge. The features of the village include St Chad’s Church, an ancient monument: Castle Hill, the Beck (village pond) which is spring fed and flows into the Castle moat. As well as the Village Hall there is a village shop and Post Office, a forge (now used for demonstrations), pub (Joiners Arms) and the original Manor House (now used as a care home). On the north western boundary of the village are the remains of a Roman encampment which is thought to have been a marching camp.
Lincoln includes attractions such as the International Bomber Command Centre, Cathedral and Castle. Grantham can offer National Trust property Belton House, which, for Jane Austen fans, featured as Rosings in the BBC film of Pride and Prejudice. The Lincolnshire countryside features many historic buildings and world war two airfields, so it’s a must for history buffs.
Deposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your place will be cancelled.
Discount and Full Prices: This camp currently has a 10% Discount.
The discounted price (bold) is charged if booked NOW and paid in full before the due date (see booking conditions 2a, 2b and 2c).
The discount will reduce as the camp fills up; the current discount is guaranteed until Friday.
Discounts will only change on a Friday evening.
The full price (in brackets) applies if the camp is booked after the discount no longer applies.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the due date, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person.
|Age Band||Full Price||Discounted Price|
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1a) All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
1b) If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your booking will be cancelled.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts.
Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
2c) Any discounts will be removed if balances have not been paid in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times. See Safeguarding Policy and Guardianship Policy.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.
13) For policies mentioned above, see http://www.folkcamps.co.uk/policies-and-legal/