Weekend for singers (self cater) at Bampton, Cumbria
Thu 25 Jun 2020 to Sun 28 Jun 2020
Confirmed StaffLeader: Sue Davies Nicholas
Musician: Tony Mealings
Warden: Steve Porritt
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
What to expect?
If you wish the sing-arounds at Folk Camp start early evening (but are happy to sing into the wee hours!); if you love a good song swap, and if you like the idea of being in company with like-minded folk, this Folk Camp is for you.
We will gather to share and teach each other our favourite songs, sing together, sing solo and join in with some rousing choruses. All are welcome, from advanced to beginner singers and those who just enjoy a good listen. It’s not just singing! At no extra charge we will find time for other workshops, including music in the morning and a bit of dancing for good measure.
It will be a relaxed weekend of singing, dancing, eating, and going to the pub. Boat trip optional.
This self-catering camp starts Thursday evening, but if you can’t make it until Friday, then that’s OK too. At the end we’ll have a Sunday sing to wrap up before we all head off home.
Bampton village is on the east side of the Lake District near Shap and Penrith in Cumbria. Despite being easily accessible from the M6 only a 15 minute drive from Junction 39 and a 20 minute taxi journey from Penrith Railway Station; Bampton is one of the quietest and most unspoilt of villages in the Lake District and is just three miles from Haweswater, a spectacular and beautiful lake which offers an ideal location for summer picnics, or first-class walking and orienteering at any time of the year. Haweswater is also one of the rare places where you can catch a glimpse of England’s ‘Only Golden Eagle’, the friendly RSPB Rangers will help you identify it if required.
More local information.
Deposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your place will be cancelled.
Early and Late Prices: The early (bold) price is charged if booked and fully paid for before the due date (see booking conditions 2a and 2b).
The late price (in brackets) applies if the camp is booked or the payment is completed after the due date.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the late price comes into effect, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person.
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1a) All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
1b) If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your booking will be cancelled.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts.
Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
2c) Any discounts will be removed if balances have not been paid in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times. See Safeguarding Policy and Guardianship Policy.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.
13) For policies mentioned above, see http://www.folkcamps.co.uk/policies-and-legal/