Family bank holiday weekend (self cater) at Chiddingly
Thu 7 May 2020 to Sun 10 May 2020
Confirmed StaffLeader: Sally Mounter
Musician: Doug Brown
Musician: Holly Clamp
Warden: Steve Porritt
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
What to expect?
A self cater bank holiday weekend of folk activities based around a village hall. Music, song and dance. Suitable for all – adults, children, families and singles.
You can arrive on the Thursday evening to camp, but the hall is being used as a polling station for local elections, so we can’t use the hall until the following morning. (The toilets will be available though!)
We will have a Folk Camps music workshop on the Friday morning, starting about 9.30am, followed by a camp meeting to welcome and introduce everyone. There will be dancing each evening, including Sunday, and you can camp Sunday night and leave Monday morning.
The bank holiday is on the Friday in 2020, rather than on a Monday.
Our lovely camp site, with masses of flat space, is right next to the village hall which we’ll be using for activities (workshops, dancing and singing). It’s a delightful Victorian building which once served as a school.
The church is alongside with its amazing spire, the two buildings being right at the centre of the village. Just around the corner is the high-acclaimed and extremely-welcoming Six Bells pub with its quirky interior and excellent ales. A short walk to Muddles Green will take you to the Chiddingly Village Shop and cafe.
Brighton is twenty miles away, Eastbourne fifteen so there’s lots of coast to explore. Major landmarks include Beachy Head, the Seven Sisters and Cuckmere Haven as well as the Long Man of Wilmington. There’s loads of local history to discover, not least the story about the onion pie.
More local information.
Deposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your place will be cancelled.
Early and Late Prices: The early (bold) price is charged if booked and fully paid for before the due date (see booking conditions 2a and 2b).
The late price (in brackets) applies if the camp is booked or the payment is completed after the due date.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the late price comes into effect, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person.
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1a) All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
1b) If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your booking will be cancelled.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts.
Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
2c) Any discounts will be removed if balances have not been paid in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times. See Safeguarding Policy and Guardianship Policy.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.
13) For policies mentioned above, see http://www.folkcamps.co.uk/policies-and-legal/