This page provides information for potential suppliers to Folk Camps and for landowners and village hall committees that may host Folk Camps in future.
Folk Camps activity holidays started out in the early 1960s when a group of folk enthusiasts decided it would be fun to go on holiday together, eat together and make their own entertainment without spending a fortune. Within a few years it became a not-for-profit limited company and a registered charity with the purpose of preserving and promoting traditional music, song and dance.
Folk Camps is a trading style for Folk Camps Society Ltd. It is a company limited by guarantee (Reg No 931434) and a registered charity (No 255901).
- This one page document explains Folk Camps Society in more details for any supplier: General Information About Folk Camps
- Information useful for landowners for a summer marquee camp: Information For Landowners (pdf)
- Information for village hall committees, for weekends or summer hall camps: Information For Hall Committees (pdf)
- Planning Regulations: Folk Camps holds planning exemption certificates which allow us to run mixed sites for tents, caravans and motorhomes without the requirement of obtaining local authority planning permission. The maximum time limit for each event is 28 days.
- Insurance: Folk Camps is insured for Public Liability and Employer Liability
- Insurers: Ansvar Insurance
- Policy Type: Charity & Community Connect
- Public liability limit: £5,000,000
- Employer liability limit: £10,000,000
- Bank: Folk Camps operates an account with Lloyds Bank. Payment for goods and services can be made by cheque, debit card, faster payments or BACS. Folk Camps has a principal of paying immediately on invoice and, for services, usually in advance.
- Accessibility Statement
- Safeguarding Policy
- Health And Safety Policy
- References: please contact the office to obtain references from previous landowners and village hall committees.