Summer Marquee week (catered) at Rolvenden
Sat 23 Jul 2022 to Sat 30 Jul 2022
Confirmed StaffLeader: Régine de Frettes
Joint Musician: Jenny Newman
Joint Musician: Andy Glass
Warden: Sean Hayden
Apprentice Warden: Dave Emburey
Caterer: Louisa Carran
Assistant Caterer: Bradley Stokes
Apprentice Caterer: Aine Jackson
What to expect?
A fully catered week of folk activities based around a marquee. Music, song, dance and crafts. Suitable for all – adults, children, families and singles.
Likely to include lively ceilidh dancing in the evenings, all-inclusive music workshops in the mornings, an opportunity to join the band in the evenings and various other workshops depending on what you and the other campers bring to share.
Some of the comments from previous years with these leaders and musicians:
“The music workshop was paced excellently and everyone stayed from beginning to end. The tunes were beautiful, interesting and unusual.”
“Thank you so much for a wonderful week, it has been very special”
“Great week, Regine was a very calm and chilled leader, which meant we were all relaxed”
“Regine lead this week very well, with plenty of classic Folk Camps activities as well as innovative activities too”
“Huge ratio of young adults to families and some more ‘elderly’(!) but it worked well – in part due to the relaxed leadership style”
“The heatwave resulted in fewer ‘formal’ workshops, but there were some fabulous ‘whole camp moments’ such as the lemon jousting, the surprise ice-cream van and the murder game.”
“Great evening dancing”
“I loved the music mornings led by Jenny and Andy”
Our site is in the grounds of Hole Park, home to magnificent gardens and our large field. Hole Park Estate is situated between the pretty Kent villages of Benenden and Rolvenden in a beautiful area of the High Weald.
The site is within reach of a group of larger towns: Maidstone, Ashford, Hastings and Royal Tunbridge Wells. The south coast of Sussex and Kent is home to a multitude of historic sites, from the Norman conquest to the second world war, and beaches at Eastbourne, Bexhill, Hastings, Camber Sands and more on the Sussex and Kent coast.
Deposits: For 2022 only, we have removed the requirement for paying a deposit with your booking. Instead a non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the end of February 2022. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of it being due then your place will be cancelled.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the full balance is due, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person.
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1a) Deposits on bookings made prior to 14th February 2022 are due on 28th February 2022. All other deposits are due 14 days after booking.
1b) If your deposit is not paid by the due date your booking will be cancelled.
1c) All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts.
Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
2c) Any discounts will be removed if balances have not been paid in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times. See Safeguarding Policy and Guardianship Policy.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.
13) For policies mentioned above, see https://www.folkcamps.co.uk/policies-and-legal/