Summer Hall week (self-cater) at Miserden
Sun 29 May 2022 to Wed 1 Jun 2022
Confirmed StaffWarden: Steve Porritt
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
What to expect?
Would you like to camp in the heart of Miserden village in the stunningly beautiful Gloucestershire countryside but not have to get up for a music workshop in the morning?
With no official workshops, no meal times and no problems this camp is the ideal time for de-stressing, lazing around and not doing much. Should there be fellow musicians on site, then you could play a bit of music or sing a few songs, but only if you really want to.
There’s just the wonderful Miserden countryside to ramble in and the Carpenters Arms to visit with no pressure to do anything but listen to the calls of wild birds and the chiming of the church clock.
Previous activities on this camp have included music sessions in the hall and in the pub, extensive walking and cycling trips for those so inclined, joining Gloucester Morris Men to dance followed by a music and song session in the pub and another evening spent listening to a folk band in the local pub.
Our warden will be onsite to ensure that everything at the hall is working as it should, but the rest is up to you. The village shop is just a few yards from the campsite and you have all the facilities of the hall kitchen and toilets. What’s not to like?
This camp is available to anyone for any amount of time, from a single night up to the whole four days. It will suit people booking either the Session weekend before or Spring BH South weekend after (Or both of course!). If you’re attending Session camp why not stay an extra day or two? Likewise why not arrive a few days early for Spring BH South weekend camp?
This camp is also available to anyone not attending either Session or Spring BH weekend South camps.
Miserden is a small village surrounded by beautiful Cotswold countryside. Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stroud are all nearby but the village is so attractive you may want to just sit in the field and admire the view. The village pub is very welcoming and people often enjoy a session combined with a pub lunch. Miserden is set in beautiful wooded hills and valleys between Stroud and Cheltenham, Miserden is in a walker’s paradise. Historic Cheltenham is just 9 miles away and Cirencester and the Cotswold Water Parks are well worth a visit. Ask the locals the history of Whiteway. Miserden village is part of the well known Wills Estate.
More local information.
Deposits: A non-returnable deposit of £20 per person per event is payable at the time of booking. (Or the full price per person if it is less than £20).
If your deposit is not paid within 14 days of booking then your place will be cancelled.
Early and Late Prices: The early (bold) price is charged if booked and fully paid for before the due date (see booking conditions 2a and 2b).
The late price (in brackets) applies if the camp is booked or the payment is completed after the due date.
Beware: your deposit and place could be lost if not paid in full before the late price comes into effect, see the booking conditions.
Prices are per person.
|Age Band||Paid Early||Paid Late|
All accepted bookings automatically include Associate Membership of Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all party members 18 years of age and over.
1a) Deposits are due 14 days after booking.
1b) If your deposit is not paid by the due date your booking will be cancelled.
1c) All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2a) Balances for weekend camps are due 1 calendar month before the holiday starts. After which the higher booking price will be charged.
2b) Balances for catered week & residential camps are due 2 calendar months before the holiday starts.
Reserved places and deposits will be lost if balances are not paid in full when due.
2c) Any discounts will be removed if balances have not been paid in full by the due date.
3) In the event of you cancelling (except under clause 5 below) the following scale of charges will apply:
- Up to 4 weeks before start of holiday – deposits only
- 15 to 28 days before start of holiday -50% of full cost
- Under 15 days before the start of holiday -100% of full cost
Please note some insurance companies offer policies which provide cover against you cancelling your holiday, including for UK holidays.
4) Folk Camps reserves the right to alter or cancel camps, facilities, dates and staffing as necessary, but will always attempt to provide a holiday that matches as close as practicable the original.
5) Folk Camps will not pay any refunds or consequential losses in respect of any changes necessary under clause 4 above, other than to grant the option of cancellation with full refunds if Folk Camps cancels or alters the dates or location of the camp as a result of any reason beyond its control.
6) The person making this booking will notify Folk Camps if any member of the party has been at risk of contact with an infectious or contagious disease. Should it be necessary to cancel the booking as a result of any such contact, then Folk Camps will refund all the monies paid.
7) The person making this booking acknowledges full responsibility for all persons included in the booking and indemnifies Folk Camps Society Ltd. for all losses incurred as a result of any such person’s actions.
8) Special medical dietary needs will only be catered for following advance agreement by Folk Camps.
9) Children under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or responsible adult (aged over 21) at all times. See Safeguarding Policy and Guardianship Policy.
10) Folk Camps reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
11) Folk Camps may use photos, images and videos taken at Folk Camps in future publicity. If you would like your permission to be obtained for the use of any media that clearly identifies you or your family, please contact the office.
12) If the Folk Camp site allows dogs, and your booking includes a dog, then you must follow the rules in the Folk Camps Dogs Policy.
13) For policies mentioned above, see https://www.folkcamps.co.uk/policies-and-legal/