Following the AGM, we have set up a working group for Outreach projects and now wish to identify proposals which may be suitable for an Arts Council Funding Application from Folk Camps. If successful this bid would allow us to learn more about how Arts body funding could benefit Folk Camps and help further our aims via Outreach.
We are therefore appealing to members to submit potential projects for Folk Outreach activities that would benefit from funding. The total value of the bid for up to 3 sub projects will be in the region of £15,000 and these funds could cover costs or expenses of the projects as well as project management of them.
Projects should meet some of our objectives (listed below) and be able to be delivered in the current environment of Covid-Safe Arts activities before the end of 2021. Projects are expected to be led by Folk Campers and sponsored by Council through the bid. Please see the proposal form below for more information.
Key dates (2021)
- April 9 – deadline for initial proposals
- April 16 – Shortlist of projects for 1st bid for Council approval. Up to 3 selected. Successful and unsuccessful proposals notified. (Unsuccessful proposals may also be held in reserve for future bids)
- April 19 – Further work with projects working with proposers and Cat McGill to pull together detailed information for Arts Council bid
- May 7 – Council review bid submissions
- May 14 – Bid submission to Arts Council
- June 28 – Expected Arts Council decision
This opportunity is open to Governing Members or Folk Campers who have attended 2 or more camps in the last 5 years. We invite those interested to send a brief outline of their idea to the Outreach Working Group at email@example.com using the proposal form as guidance or drop us an email for informal advice. (We also welcome projects that do not require funding – please email the Outreach group if you wish Council to sponsor or recognise an unfunded project you would like to lead).
The objectives of Folk Camps Society Outreach:
- Support the Society’s aim of promoting and supporting traditional music dance and song
- Showcase and champion folk music (and in particular Folk Camps Society) as a vehicle for truly multi-generational, inclusive arts activity
- Reach out to potential new folk campers of all ages through participatory music-making, song and dance opportunities
- Create a more formal scheme for the mentoring of young musicians, dance instructors and workshop leaders
- Create opportunities for young musicians to perform, play, participate and share their skills at a variety of events
- Increase the pool of skilled volunteer staff for camps, and ensure that a consistent (might evolve) musical and dance offer runs through each individual camp
This is a really exciting new initiative for Folk Camps and we do look forward to receiving your applications and your ideas. Please use the attached short proposal form which will give us an understanding of your idea or get in touch for an informal chat.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outreach Working Group